26.10.10

acupuncture in NYC.

1
i had the pleasure of hanging out with susan, who started her own acupuncture business in new york city. she wanted some head shots and photos for her website so we got together to create those. i've always heard amazing things about acupuncture but have never had the guts to try it. after meeting her and chatting with her, (she even stuck a needle in her hand to show me what it's like) i think i'm ready to try it. she specializes in women's health and works with a variety of different women's issues, which i think is awesome. i will let her tell you her story and what she does. :)
2
"I am a licensed acupuncturist and practitioner of traditional Chinese herbology in midtown Manhattan.
Initially I was drawn to studying Traditional Chinese Medicine because as a pre-med student in college also working as a pharmacy technician, I began to realize that "band aid" solutions to health problems (many medications) just didn't make sense for long term health changes. I knew that acupuncture and herbal medicine could make a person feel healthier, more energetic, and overall more balanced, no matter what their issue. Coming from that more balanced place it's much easier for a patient to find the motivation and energy to make the lifestyle changes necessary for lasting health, whether it be with diet, exercise, starting a daily meditation practice, or something else. I think Chinese Medicine (acupuncture and herbs) is so special because the goal is not to have patients rely on me forever (although many do like to come for regular health maintenance acupuncture), but for me to help you to work through the current issue with the tools I have at hand while at the same time teaching you how to prevent it from occurring again.

Although I enjoy treating a wide variety of complaints, I focus on treating women's health including irregular menstrual cycles, menstrual pain, fibroids and endometriosis, as well as infertility. If you've never tried acupuncture or aren't sure if it could help you, feel free to email me and ask. I'll tell you what my experience has been, and if I don't feel I can be helpful, I'll refer you to a therapy which I do believe could help!"

if you live in NYC or you're ever there and want to try it out, here is her contact info:

Susan Wallmeyer Acupuncture
130 E 40th St. Suite 1240
New York, NY 10016
917-575-0293
swallmeyer.acupuncture@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment